- Provide an overview on gender dimensions in STEM research
- Help to understand the concepts of sex and gender and their relevance for research – focusing STEM related topics
- Sensitize on the importance of including the sex and gender dimension into research projects and designing more gender sensitive projects
- Researchers at (STEM related) universities and private companies
- Research team leaders
- Research coordinators at RPOs and RFOs
- Research officers / research advisors / people in charge of supporting research projects
- People in charge of the valorisation /dissemination of research outputs
- Officers at research and transfer support units at universities
Dr Bente Knoll holds a master’s Degree in Landscape Planning and Architecture, a PhD in Transport and Traffic Planning and a certificate in Mainstreaming-Gender-and-Diversity-in-Organisations. She is managing director of B-NK GmbH Büro für nachhaltige Kompetenz (Consultancy for Sustainable Competence) – an SME and independent research institute located in Vienna, Austria. Her main professional interests and area of expertise are in integrating gender and diversity perspectives in research and consulting processes in science, engineering, technology, urban, transport and landscape planning, mobility research as well as sustainable development. In addition to her work as a consultant, Bente Knoll holds teaching assignments – basic and advanced lectures as well as seminars – in Gender Studies and Engineering at various Austrian universities.
Tauseef Nauman has an interdisciplinary background with high school degree in biology, graduation in computer Sciences another in Alternative medicine and a master’s in Public Health sciences. He is working since 2013 in the institute of Gender in Medicine and currently perusing PhD. Where his work focus area is Identification and characterization of sex and gender differences and developing methodologies for their analysis, development of databases for scientific study cohorts and working with Gender Medicine epidemiology. He has worked on the national and European Sex and Gender specific projects along with pioneers in this field of research. He has successfully published papers from his working projects.