- Provide an overview on sex and gender dimensions in research with a special focus on health and medicine issues
- Help to understand the concepts of sex and gender and their relevance for research – focusing health and medicine related topics
- Sensitize on the importance of including the sex and gender dimension into research projects and designing more gender sensitive projects
- Identify, understand and recognize the different impacts of sex and gender on health, during different developmental periods, on pathophysiology and manifestation of some frequent diseases, such as cardiovascular, inflammatory and autoimmune, metabolic and endocrine diseases
- Develop an awareness for sex and gender related issues in pharmacology, pharmacodynamics and drug development
- Health administrators in politics, universities and companies
- Students of life sciences: medicine, psychology, biology, and nursing sciences
- Practitioners in healthcare sector: nurses, doctors and others Researchers at (healthcare related) universities and private companies
- Research team leaders
- Research coordinators at RPOs and RFOs
- Research officers / research advisors / people in charge of supporting research projects
- People in charge of the valorisation /dissemination of research outputs
- Officers at research and transfer support units at universities
founded in 2006/7 the German and International Society for Gender in Medicine and coordinated multiple inter/national research projects on sex and gender. In 2007 she became the founding director of the Berlin Institute for Gender in Medicine, at Charité, University Medicine Berlin.
She received in 2016 the honorary doctorate from the Medical University of Innsbruck, Austria. She served as a guest professor at Medical University Utrecht (NL) and at the University of Zürich (Switzerland). In 2018 She received the “Bundesverdienstkreuz” for her work in gender sensitive medicine by the president of the Federal Republic of Germany and in 2021 the Georg Klemperer honorary medal of Landesärztekammer Berlin.